Friday, March 15, 2013

Papadeaux

Alright, so last night I was originally going to have dinner with my dad, but my mum's plans were cancelled so she came along. It ended up being a pre birthday dinner :) (today is her birthday!!) Anyhow, we went to Papadeaux in Dallas. Our waiter was absolutely amazing!! He was just phenomenal, & extremely personable. His name was Eric & he certainly made the meal. I will be going back, if only for him(though, the food was delicious too!).

The reason he is wonderful? Well, as we found out AFTER we finished eating, he sings opera. His mother was the manager there for years so he basically grew up in that restaurant. He attends a private school there in Dallas, and he had a wonderful sense of humor! There were so many hilarious things, I honestly can't even remember them all. The meal, and my parents, were hilarious and fun in themselves though! Like, my mum threw a blueberry at my dad, and it hit the girl at the table behind us. A little later, Eric came by to take the bill and he asked if it was split or one. My mother, jokingly was telling him split. As he was walking away, I pointed that it'll be on one. He preceded to go to the table next to us, yes the one with the girl who got hit by the blueberry, and tells them we would like them to cover our tab. They look over at us as we burst out laughing. Eric grinned and walked away.

He gave us a bottle of wine, free of charge, as well as dessert though I'm sure that was because of my mums birthday. My mum couldn't figure out how we got our bottle free, so when she asked Eric about it, he response was as simple, "Cause I'm 250lbs of sexy. That's why." Ohman, he was adorable.

Couldn't tell if he was just a friendly, funny guy, or seriously trying to flirt. Whatever the case, dinner was a blast! I am looking forward to dinner again tonight. Only this time, we'll have Susan & Mimms who are equally precious!

Until then. ciao!

-Ariel

No comments: